So, I'm curious. What specifics draws healing light from you? Or, put another way, what in your personal life, sphere of influence and/or the news, makes you want to DO something?
News comes in many forms - phone calls, e-mails, lunch, TV, radio, the internet. Fear rises in me when a client becomes difficult or sales are down. I am pained by word that my friend's mother is terminally ill or a child I love has run afoul of the law or medical bills have left my hard-working friend bankrupt and terrified. It is hard to watch news of people who are stunned that anyone would hold them accountable for poisoning drinking water for the god of profit or for blowing people up for the god of power and surety. I get a helpless feeling in the pit of my stomach.
The only thing that makes it go away is to breathe deep into my belly. From years of practice, I associate this breath with going within to the center of my being where I connect to the infinite, to that spark of God that was put there when we were made in God's image. I conceive of God as beyond gender, beyond comprehension, but I do know that the substance of the universe is Love. In that Love, we live and move and have our being. We and those we share the world with sometimes engage in a very bad conversation with that Love, and are afraid. But perfect Love casts out fear. In those deep breaths, I strive to live that. I can't say I understand it, but sometimes I can feel it. In those moments of knowing, my awareness expands and softens, and I become less a part of the problem and more a part of the solution.
I turn away, sometimes, from more bad news, or find myself vaguely hoping someone somewhere will take care of it. At other times I rage around the living room; I want to go join something, or tear something apart. It is my fear speaking, or the agony of shared pain. Just breathe, only breathe, and radiate the light of the Son, the presence of the Mother, feel the Love of the Creator. This we can do in any given moment. This can bring us peace beyond understanding, and radiate healing love to all that we have concern for.
So, I'd like to hear, what specifics move you to want to act or heal or rage?
I'm going to be gone, but will be back for Easter and beyond! Love, Lynda
Join In! Here's how...
Include the image of "dissolving the gook with love" in your prayer or meditation practice. Or spend 15-30 minutes with the practice every day:
Between 7:00 & 8:00 a.m and/or between 6:30 & 7:30 p.m.
NEW SCHEDULE: First Sunday of the month we will gather for meditation, communion and conversation at 5:30 at Goodwin's. Contact me if you need directions.
Thursday, March 29, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment