From ancient trauma to very new, that's been my journey this past couple of weeks. Visited the castle in Spain where the inquisition was managed for 300 years. Rode high speed trains through a dream-like landscape where armies of Romans and Visigoths and Moors and Christians had camped and fought, strategized and maneuvered. Then home and barely touched feet to earth when client crises erupted and now the pain and suffering coming out of Virginia. It is said that PTSD "sets up" like fresh concrete if it is not addressed soon after the trauma. As I watch the faces of the young people telling their stories, the parents describing their fear, I see again how a community that listens attentively provides a way to keep the trauma soft, to process it on many levels, and to keep one person's pain-laden insanity from becoming a lifetime of hatred for others. As you watch the images, hear the voices, I hope that you will lift each heart into light and love to help the anguish dissolve. Likewise, I found myself tapping into the newly forming layers of grief and anger around all who would kill others while killing themselves. Here there is much work to be done in the world of envisioning prayer.
I'll write more about our Spanish journey later; really tired right now. Wanted to point out that there is a way, at the bottom of these posts, to be notified when I post. Since I'm kind of sporadic, that might be useful.
Love, Lynda
No comments:
Post a Comment