This flower was praying light into the city air in the garden outside the chapel this afternoon. Prayers for the world happen in many forms; here are some that people have shared with me over the past week. The different words and views were inspiring to me; thought they might resonate...
Prayers while watching movies: "It’s funny how things sync…I’ve been thinking a great deal about just this kind of sensitivity and endeavor of late (may have something to do with trying to catch up on the Oscar hopefuls and seeing films like Blood Diamond, Happy Feet, and An Inconvenient Truth—they all deal with waking up to things happening in our world…"
"I have had similar visions over the past year or two. I would be happy to join you in sending love to the planet as a whole and especially to those areas where the need is greater."
Prayers while teaching: "I, too, would love to see a world filled with love and peace and, as you know, have spent twenty years dedicated to trying to instill that vision in the minds of our children. I may approach this meditation in a different way, but I will be there with you in spirit!"
A spiritual mentor, Mother Ruth, used to say "God will dissolve that mountain if you let Him." (or oily gook/crystallization)
"It sounds like it's all in alignment with the universe and focusing on the positive and sending out love to everything and everyone."
Prayers while watching the news: "I love your vision and meditation focus and agree that it is one of the major causes of violence, more trauma and more war. This is the cradle of civilization, very close to the birthplace of Christ, how can we bring peace, love and tolerance to this place?"
Prayers while being at work: "I sit in it when I'm 'out in the world' doing whatever it is I'm doing. And I also agree that tangible love can dissolve that layer. Radiating the love into the layer is the way to do that. My challenge has been learning how to do that without losing myself in the process, without drowning or suffocating in the oily gook. I got excited at the thought of more and more people being able to see and then to choose to give their attention and their love to dissolving this layer. The more people that give their attention to this, the more quickly this layer will begin dissipating and we really will be bringing heaven to earth. The distance between the two isn't as great as some people would have you think. We're breathing it in every single solitary day!! "
A spiritual mentor, Mother Ruth, used to say "God will dissolve that mountain if you let Him." (or oily gook/crystallization)
"It's a wonderful action to pray for and hold a vision for a greater action of loving to unfold. "
Notes from other modalities: What you are describing about visualizing a black oily gook, is something that we use in ReUnion work. We call it an energy shape, found in the body in the field or in the universe somewhere. Once you find it, you encapsulate it and send it love till it fades to light or shatters and is gone, whatever works for the client.
...a specific EMDR technique called lightstream
...a good use of "free attention"
Have a wonderful next few days; I'll try to post every few days. Love, Lynda
P.S. I didn't credit the quotes because of confidentiality. If something you said is up there and its okay for me to use your name, please let me know and I'll add first name. Also, please feel free to click on the comment line just below and write your thoughts!
1 comment:
Hi Lynda -
What a wonderful, inspiring post! I'll be checking in regularly.
Love, John
Post a Comment